Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Happy Birthday!


Almost to the day... a year since Glorious Applique commenced.... Pip from Down Under has started a new blog for more lovers of Kim McLean's delightful Applique patterns.

Reading all of the posts and comments from our Big Sister Blog: Glorious Applique, and seeing the Danish and Dutch aficionados get on board has been inspirational and informative. Thankyou to all of the trailblazers...lets keep the party going!

With Kim's blessing here is a photo from the workshop she tutored in Sydney in February...already reported by Quiltsalott on The Glorious Applique site. Further posts by me will show individual blocks from Kim's original Flower Garden.
For those unfortunate fans who will never see this quilt or touch it in person, this will be an opportunity to view in detail the very clever fussy cutting that Kim employs to bring life to her designs.
Happy Stitching!

4 comments:

  1. Look forward to seeing your blocks Salley! I'm curious as to how everyone got on with their flower garden quilt after the workshops. Hope you are all going to snap a few photos and post? It will be like show and tell over the internet. Cheers, Kim McL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice photo Salley, I'm looking forward to seeing more. I'm nearly finished my second block, I've got a bit of incentive now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting to have another sister blog, I've added the link and info to the mother blog. So far I'm seeing some lovely, lovely applique.

    ReplyDelete