Tuesday, August 2, 2011

My Fourth Bloom

Hello everyone! This is my fourth block for Kim Mc Lean's Flower Garden quilt and i am still loving it. Again i have used Kaffe Fassette fabrics and will continue to use them almost exclusively throughout this quilt. I keep looking at other fabrics with strong design elements, but haven't found any yet that have the same vibrance.
I have played a little more with fussy cut's with this block. Back-basting makes it a little tricky as i need to pin from the back to check the flower fabric is placed correctly. I don't think i want to be fiddling with overlays or freezer paper to complicate the process although I may change my mind as i progress. After all i am a woman and it is my prerogative.
The "perfect circle" templates are fabulous , thank you Pip for telling me about them. Block 5 is well on the way, but i think i may start on the sashing squares soon so i don't have to do a squillion of them right at the end,

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colors - I love the background fabric your using. What is it? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely blocks Sheila! use whatever methot suits you best, in the end, as long as it gets appliqued on, Kim McL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your fourth bloom is beautiful Sheila. I love the aquatic feel to it with the choice of colours. Thankyou for explaining the pin technique of lining up the fussycut motifs whilst backbasting. I too am using "perfect circles" but have found they arent completely heat proof. A "Cotton" setting on my iron can still buckle them which makes using them a second time not as good. Your speed at completion is very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work Sheila, I need to catch up, I'm still working on the same block. Good idea to start on the sashing squares, are you going to strip piece or do them individually?

    ReplyDelete