Sunday, September 18, 2011

10-11-12 and i am half way through the centre blocks



And so they bloom. Three blocks this week.
I have used a little reverse applique in this last one. It was a lot of fun to do.
I ordered some Rainbow Lily fabric by Freedom Fabrics , I thought it would work with the Kaffe. Most of it would not work for the blooms but i found it perfect for the under layer of the reverse applique and it may be good in small areas. It is the same weight and "hand" as the Kaffe. I also got a fat 1/8th Bundle of Michael Millar "Ta Dots" which will work well.

Tried to work out how much sashing fabric i would need. i think it is around the 1.000 inches, which means i need to prepare 250 more inches. It shouldn't take too long and is a good job to do when i have time for sewing but not for anything complicated.

7 comments:

  1. i still haven't worked out how to get the "reply to comments" bit worked out, without having to put something in this box myself.. there has to be an easier way,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheila, your blocks look awesome!

    In the settings of this blog under comments you can enter your email address in the box next to email with comment. Then you will receive the comments in your email inbox.
    When the people who leave a comment are reply bloggers you can simply reply to the email.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely blocks as usual Sheila, even though I haven't started my sashing yet, your hints are going to be quite useful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blocks Sheila,I love Michael Miller Ta Da dots and have used them in my Lollypops. Looks like you have used them as your background ,or is that Kaffe's spots? I'm amazed at how much life the sashing gives our blocks....so Ive decided not to unpick anything, until my blocks are sashed,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Sheila, you are really on a roll...... love the leaves on the last photo...very clever fussy cutting. It looks so cheery with the sashing mostly done "as you go".
    Always love yellow and pink together...so last block is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Sheila! Love them, Kim McL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pip, your blocks and use of color make me smile! Wonderful garden you are growing!!! ; )

    ReplyDelete