Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Third block completed

I've had this block half finished for a while now and decided that I had better knuckle down and get it finished this week, so I can start another one with a clear conscience.


The fabrics are both batiks (pre-washed, which was fortunate because they ran quite a bit) and the fabric for the stem is the same as my other two blocks here and here.  This block was done by the back basting method and I think that will be how I do the majority of my blocks.

2 comments:

  1. Pip It is beautiful,The combination of Batik and Sherbet Pips was inspirational, It works so well. I can't wait to see what you do next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That IS dramatic. Amazing with that background. Definitely not a shy petunia and it reminds me of black lillies I used to grow in Adelaide...they gave all the other coloured flowers a sparkle and lift.

    ReplyDelete