Wednesday, September 28, 2011
Weather turned foul but the Flowers continue to Bloom
These look fairly similar in shape but are different in size. They both took a while to do with the wavy top and the inset segments. I had a real sense of achievement on completing them.
I used a single piece of the Rainbow Lily fabric i mentioned in a previous post and basted across the whole area that included the inset segments. i then back-basted the main fabric and needleturn appliqued the piece in place. I decided to leave the basting for the inset fabric insitu. It can't be seen and it will prevent any rolling of the underlayed fabric during use of the quilt.
Back to the "Gardening" ......