Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Getting Close




To the last of the centre blocks , that is. There are now only two more to go.
The first of the blocks above is the one i had to repeat due to my trimming the first one back too far. ( That one is on the way to becoming a gorgeous cushion. ) I love the pink and orange chrysanthemum fabric i have used in both flowers. Like its blue/ green/mauve version used in earlier blocks it has been very useful , due to the size of the flowers. Have to be careful not to use too much and in the same way.
Like Pip i am beginning to think about the borders. I'm not sure i have anything suitable for the water fountain.. might try the rainbow Lily that was so good in the reverse applique's, I don't think i can go too light or it may get lost on my grey spotted background.
'til next time, happy stitching Sheila

3 comments:

  1. Looks great Sheila! There are some gorgeous fabrics in the new Kaffe fabric collection. Have a look at some of them for the fountain. The fabric I used was a really old one! A stripey fabric is always handy for those sort of shapes. Kim McL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being an Orange-Pink gal myself, THESE blocks tickle my fancy! You are really zooming along, Sheila. Put me to shame! I esp love your top flower with its four fabrics. And the leaf detail is very clever.

    ReplyDelete