Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Tiny circles

I spent part of today tracing off the bottom border and then making tiny circles for "water" in the fountain that is the centre of the border, I think there are about 30 of them. I was looking through my stash to see if I had anything suitable for the "water" and found this fabric (below) which looks as if it might suit.


I'm using Perfect Circles from Karen Kay Buckley to make my circles, although some of these aren't perfect circles.  The first ones I made had a little too much fabric to gather, so a lesson learnt.  I'm also sewing the running stitch while the fabric is in one piece and then cutting the circles out, much easier than fiddling with tiny bits of fabric.


4 comments:

  1. Hmm.......Might have to copy your brilliant idea Pip!
    This fabric is perfect for water droplets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm making tons of circles at the moment and tried different methods but I keep coming back to this one. The fabric is great for water drops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea sewing the running stitch while the fabric is in one piece! I will use the idea in my project. :-) Kind regards Pia

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lot of circles, but they'll look lovely. I used scraps of different blue, aqua and light greens for the water droplets. They're the sort of scraps you'll find in a container in front of you when you are cutting up the appliqué pieces. Keep those for future use. Those circles are pretty handy aren't they! Kim McL

    ReplyDelete