Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Late bloomer

The latest flower to bloom in my Flower Garden, I had been avoiding this block because of the leaves, but Sheila assured me that they weren't too difficult, and I agree, although they took a little while as they are stop and start stitching.


The block below is one I made before Christmas but I forgot to post a photo of it.  I have also started the bottom border, I'm planning on getting the larger pieces stitched down  (four trees and a fountain if I recall correctly) and then I will be able to sort through all my scraps to see what will be suitable for the smaller circles, birds. animals and flowers.


3 comments:

  1. yay you did it, and did it beautifully. I love the fabric in your "frondy" leaf and The blooms are fabulous, can't wait to check out your border progress

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Pip! I think you've done a marvellous job with those 1/4" bias stem leaves!! Kim McL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sheila and Kim, the bias is fiddly but a little bit of glue helps :)

    ReplyDelete