Monday, February 27, 2012

Top Border completed








I have been missing in action for a while but I have finally finished the top border of my Flower Garden quilt.

It has taken 3 hours a night since Christmas and several days for prep work, choosing fabrics and backbasting them in place. I am really pleased with how it has turned out. Just a couple of birds i may change because they didn't turn out quite as well as i had hoped. The problem with replacing them is undoing the sewing, the thread is so fine its very hard to see.

Work on the bottom border has already begun. We have had a very hot spell in Adelaide and so I stayed in my sewing room and managed to mark up the whole border and prep the four trees. It may be a while before i post again, as Pip has said the coral tree in particular will take some time

9 comments:

  1. Thanks again Kim for such a beautiful patttern

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is just so much detail work in this border section! Congratulations on such a BIG and wonderful accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so beautiful Sheila, can't wait to see it for real. I can see that it is going to be taking quite some time before I have my bottom border finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Sheila... this is amazing... congratulations. I wish you hadnt warned us how long it takes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Sheila! The coral trees are really fun to do though, once you've done one of those, everything is zippy, Kim McL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sheila its just lovely. I wish I hadn't read how long that border took you. Now I know what I am in for!
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colours and the shapes, did you turn the raw edges underneath appliquing the old fashion way or did you sew round the shapes with the sewing machine?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm doing that border now, and did my horsie with that same print! It's perfect! LOVE your birdies, esp the wing choices!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoa. I am knocked down. Since December you say? Sheila, you are aptly named. The completed border is glorious.

    ReplyDelete