Saturday, September 29, 2012

The postman was kind yesterday bringing me a huge envelope packed with the backing fabric for my Flower Garden quilt.

The fabric is a Westminster fabric designed by Melissa White and the range is called Fairlyte Garden,  I have looked at several fabrics for my backing but they were all a bit ho-hum until I saw this one, now I just have to find the binding fabric (and finish my quilt).


I've also been busy prepping two blocks to take to New Zealand with me.  I couldn't use my normal method of back basting as I am only taking a carry-on bag and I'm fairly sure that scissors are still banned on air travel, so I used Floriani stitch and wash and have turned all edges under, glued and basted the shapes on to the background fabric so now all I have to do is thread my needle and happily stitch away.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Perfect choice Pip. You ARE organised if you have been hunting for the backing. A good incentive to keep appliqueing the front. Happy travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fabric is just perfect, scale, colour and design all just right. Have a great trip and say "HI" to sue for me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful fabric for your backing Pip! Your prepped blocks are gorgeous! Save and Happy Travels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely blocks Pip. You have inspired me to keep at it. Just finished # 5 ( I think) must post a photo.

    ReplyDelete