Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Final block is finished

This afternoon I put the final stitch into the last block for the Flower Garden quilt, when I took it out and showed it to The Mister, his response was "that's a beauty".


I almost can't believe that I've finished all 24 of the blocks, it's taken me quite a while.  So where to now?  Well I'm almost a third of the way through the bottom border, I will finish that then tackle the top border, according to Sheila, the side borders are quite easy compared with the other two.

My Easter plan is to trim the blocks to size (making very sure not to cut them too small) then add the sashing and hopefully by the end of the very long weekend have that part of the quilt all finished, waiting for the borders.

I've just realised that I haven't put the circle on the block so it isn't quite finished yet :(     that will be the first thing I do tomorrow I think.

3 comments:

  1. He's right it is a beauty. You made great use one of my favourite "Moonflower " fabric, perfectly proportioned for this flower. Will you join the blocks before you go any further with your borders?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful block Pip!
    Congratulations on finishing all 24 of them!
    Best wishes to you on the final borders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fabric choice is superb - love this flower!
    Hugs - Lurline.

    ReplyDelete