Sunday, June 16, 2013

Right side border

As promised, here are the photos of the Right side border.  I started this border from the bottom and then worked my way up, adding in the bias stem as I went.



I think the longest piece of bias for the stem was about 12" long


I found it better to select all the fabrics for the flowers and leaves over one or two days,


it seems as if the brain switches on after an hour or so 
as the selecting of fabric becomes much faster and it seems easy


to pick the right fabric for each flower and leaf, it also
 helps if the fabric is spread out all over the sewing room floor :)


5 comments:

  1. the time spent in carefully choosing each fabric has paid of, in the form of a beautifully balanced panel. Can't wait to see it against the centre blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much happiness going on here, great details selected to showcase the flower shapes, Pip. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good Pip, lovely choice of fabrics. It must be looking great with the centre blocks.
    I also find it easier to choose fabrics in the one go, usually I cut for the whole quilt in one weekend and a few extra days, the brain works better at remembering all the interesting bits of the fabrics. My sewing room looks like a bomb has hit the place! K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim, I haven't even thought about laying it all out to see what it looks like. My sewing room looks like a bomb has hit it also, I have a big hamper to throw all the fabric in for an instant tidy-up.

      Delete
  4. Simply gorgeous. I think you will finish before October. I am starting on my top border (first one); and I am enjoying following your progress. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete